Dr. Martin has retired and moved to Virginia.
Dr. Ben Abdu has revised the Tubal Reversal program in
Memphis. Please call (901) 515-3100 for updated information.
Lisa Roger, MD does tubal reversals in Jackson, Tennessee
|Tubal Reversal (Anastomosis)
Notes on Insurance Coverage
Insurance policies do not usually cover tubal surgery.
They may cover some of the evaluation or testing before
surgery without covering the surgery.
First check exclusions for
1) Infertility testing
2) Infertility services and treatment
3) Reversal of tubal ligation / tubal reanastomosis.
Then, if services are not excluded, ask if they cover
1) Infertility testing ICD-10 code Z31.41
2) Tubal infertility ICD-10 code Z97.1
3) Past tubal ligation ICD-10 code Z98.51
4) Tubal reversal CPT-4 code 58750
If you get an approval letter, read it carefully for exclusions.
Insurance company approval does not always mean the service
is covered. The claim for an approved service can be denied if
the service was excluded or otherwise not covered. Check for
both exclusions and coverage.
The old codes were:
1) Infertility testing ICD-9 code V26.21
2) Tubal infertility ICD-9 code 628.2
3) Tubal reversal CPT-4 code 58750